Different country experiences have shed light on effective solutions, critical bottlenecks, and practical lessons to strengthen public health functions and impact health access and outcomes. In an even more challenging context, the COVID-19 pandemic offers a stark reminder and a call for collective action to strengthen public health actions and protect the most vulnerable.
To support these efforts, the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) promotes a renewed focus on the importance of Essential Public Health Functions (EPHF) in the Americas. This approach offers an opportunity to catalyze political commitment to ensure universal health, global health security, and more significant health equity in the Americas.
- Academic community from Public Health schools and PAHO collaborating centers
- Technical officers from national health authorities and institutions
- PAHO and WHO professional staff from Country Offices, headquarters, and regional centers
Webinar calendar *
- Access barriers to achieve universal health in the era of COVID-19 (23 April)
- Monitoring universal health in the era of COVID-19 (17 May)
- Essential public health functions and global security in the era of COVID-19 (23 June)
- Legislation and policies to strengthen health systems resilience in the era of COVID-19 (22 July)
- Financing public goods to ensure the essential public health functions in the era of COVID-19 (25 August)
- Essential public health competencies for human resources in the era of COVID-19 (22 September)
- COVID-19 and its links to risk factors and healthy environments (21 October)
- Social Participation and addressing of social determinants in the era of COVID-19 (17 November)
- Regional webinar on experiences on strengthening the essential public health functions in the Americas (2 December)
* Actual dates may vary